fai and cryptsetup

Patrick Schoenfeld patrick.schoenfeld at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 26 16:39:47 CEST 2010

Hi Michael,

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 04:35:17PM +0200, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> My first guess would be that it is waiting for some input (maybe some YES?) that
> just isn't coming in? If you're running in debug mode, you could probably kill
> the cryptsetup command from another console, then you should see the output it
> had meanwhile produced in the log. Hmmm, you probably could also look at some
> temporary files, stdout and stderr is being redirected to temporary files.

I thought so as well but in fact everything is okay. Its really just
taking some time (probably muss less on real hardware, here in my test
VM disk i/o is really horrible.. even for virtualising means).

The patch seems to work. I'm just waiting for the installation to
finish (which will still take around 15 minutes) to see weither it
still requires handwork.

Thanks for your quick and effective help!
Regards,
Patrick