task_partition & lvm ; FAI 4.0~beta2 exp36

Mathieu Alorent malorent at echo.fr
Thu Nov 18 16:37:36 CET 2010

Le vendredi 29 octobre 2010 à 14:04 +0200, Michael Tautschnig a écrit :
> > Le mercredi 27 octobre 2010 à 17:11 +0200, Michael Tautschnig a
> écrit :
> > [...]
> > > Could you add 'pvcreateopts="-ff"' to your vg TEST ... config
> line?
> >
> > Ok, with "-ff" system waits.
> >
> > I've killed the pvcreate, and launched it manually then I get:
> >
> > # pvcreate -ff /dev/sda9
> > Really INITIALIZE physical volume "/dev/sda9" of volume group TEST
> [y/n]? n
> >   /dev/sda9: physical volume not initialized
> >   Command failed with status code 5.
> >
> > With 'pvcreateopts="-ff -y"' it hangs too.
> >
> > What I have to do is :
> > # vgchange -a n
> > # pvcreate -ff -y /dev/sda9
> >

> Thank you very much for this further information, I guess this has
> saved us a
> number of trial&error rounds. I have made an attempt to get this fixed
> in
> 4.0~beta2+experimental37, could you give that one a try? Should it
> fail again,
> please send the logs along, maybe they give us some clues.

Hi Michael,

Today we ran into this problem again :(

(I'll send you logs in PM).

>From what I understand, setup-storage tries to remove lvm parts at the
beginning... which isn't what should be done as the lvm partitions are
not "visible" since disks are not partitioned..

PV/VG/LVremove(s) should be done after the command "parted -s /dev/sda
set 9 lvm on" and before trying to "pvcreate"... Do you understand ?
(maybe it's not really clear -> let me know)

Bests
Mât