FAI installation instructions

Henning Sprang henning.sprang at gmail.com
Wed May 5 14:51:34 CEST 2010

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your request.

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 1:55 PM,  <jurgen.lamsens at telenet.be> wrote:
> In order to do something about that, I want to create a nearly perfect
> step-by-step example instruction, for a real live situation like the one
> I am now.

It's hard to match everyone's situation with a single example. But
that bing said, the Quickstart section of the FAI guide should do
this.

You might consider telling us what you think is missing there, and
contribute changes to make this better instead of starting completely
from scratch.

But not problem, if you have a completely different idea of how a
guide to FAI should look, you're free to use the wiki for whatever
documentation you want to provide abput FAI.

> I would like to ask people to please help create this instruction set, so
> junior linux admins like me can advocate FAI further.

For advocating, you probably rather want to tell people about the good
things they get if they start using FAI(and what's bad not doing so),
rather than an instruction on how to use it, because that's the second
step ;)

> Please read my blog post at
> http://akoestica.be/blog/home/sysadmin/15-provisioning/49-installing-fai

Interesting...

Still, what I do not exactly get what you are abpout to do is:

* do you want to understand yourself how to accomplish the task
described in this article?
* do want top bring more people to use FAI?
* do you just want to help documentation better because you are
missing something in the existing docs (FAI Guide, Wiki)

> and help me create a very good install example. Can we do this using this
> mailinglist ?

Sure you can use this list for all things FAI and you should do so ;)

Henning

--
Henning Sprang
http://www.sprang.de