FAI installation instructions

jurgen.lamsens at telenet.be jurgen.lamsens at telenet.be
Wed May 5 13:55:13 CEST 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking for a provisioning system in our company, and FAI looks very very promising. I read the whole manual, and all the other documentation (slides, articles, ...)
I learned that one of the advantages is the high learning curve, which I'm experiencing right now :-)

In order to do something about that, I want to create a nearly perfect step-by-step example instruction, for a real live situation like the one
I am now.

I would like to ask people to please help create this instruction set, so junior linux admins like me can advocate FAI further.

I promise I will do everything to give feedback, adjust my blog post, make/adjust a wiki, ... so give back to the community my experiences.

Please read my blog post at http://akoestica.be/blog/home/sysadmin/15-provisioning/49-installing-fai
and help me create a very good install example. Can we do this using this mailinglist ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Jurgen Lamsens