resizing an lvm volume with setup-storage

Nicolas Courtel courtel at cena.fr
Tue Mar 23 11:45:05 CET 2010

Michael Tautschnig a écrit :
>> Hello Michael,

>>> Could you give 3.3.4+experimental2 another chance? That one should not do
>>> pvcreate on volumes that are part of that volume group already.
>>>

>> It's working much better now, the volume is resized, but the
>> filesystem is not. A call to resize2fs seems to be missing in the
>> log:
>>
>> http://paste.debian.net/65380/
>>

> Well, ideally parted would do. But that doesn't seem to work:
>
> Command parted -s /dev/vg0/usr resize 1 0 8192B had exit code 1
> (STDOUT) Error: File system has an incompatible feature enabled.  Compatible features are has_journal, dir_index, filetype, sparse_super and large_file.  Use tune2fs or debugfs to remove features.
>
> Do you have any ideas which options you enabled on that filesystem that aren't
> supported by parted? I'm not sure whether resize2fs works in those cases.

I haven't set any options on the filesystem, it has been created by
setup-storage using "mkfs.ext3  /dev/vg0/usr".
Current options are the following: has_journal ext_attr resize_inode
dir_index filetype sparse_super large_file.

I can clear 'resize_inode' with tune2fs, but not ext_attr, so parted
still fails.

However, resize2fs works fine, whatever the options are, and doesn't
need the final size:

root at lutil:~# resize2fs /dev/vg0/usr
resize2fs 1.41.11 (14-Mar-2010)
Resizing the filesystem on /dev/vg0/usr to 2097152 (4k) blocks.
The filesystem on /dev/vg0/usr is now 2097152 blocks long.

--
Nicolas