resizing an lvm volume with setup-storage

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Tue Mar 23 10:41:09 CET 2010

> Hello Michael,
> >>Well, /usr is not removed any more, but the kernel seems unhappy :
> >>http://paste.debian.net/64861/
> >>

> >Could you give 3.3.4+experimental2 another chance? That one should not do
> >pvcreate on volumes that are part of that volume group already.
> >
> It's working much better now, the volume is resized, but the
> filesystem is not. A call to resize2fs seems to be missing in the
> log:
>
> http://paste.debian.net/65380/

Well, ideally parted would do. But that doesn't seem to work:

Command parted -s /dev/vg0/usr resize 1 0 8192B had exit code 1
(STDOUT) Error: File system has an incompatible feature enabled.  Compatible features are has_journal, dir_index, filetype, sparse_super and large_file.  Use tune2fs or debugfs to remove features.

Do you have any ideas which options you enabled on that filesystem that aren't
supported by parted? I'm not sure whether resize2fs works in those cases.

Thanks a lot,