Installing a Samba Domain Member

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Fri Mar 12 11:31:37 CET 2010

hiya

> 2. I also need to run "wbinfo --set-auth-user=root%rootpassword" on the
> client. Apart from above problem, wbinfo expects a running winbindd
> running on the "real" system, i.e. not from the live NFS root. I
> currently run this manually after installation. How could I do this
> using FAI?

I encountered such a problem when installing vmware tools. Since they try
to figure out what the current kernel is, I had to install them after the
first boot or rewrite the vmware installscript.

I choose the first option. FAI provisions the necessary files to the
client and installs an initscript. This script runs on first boot,
installs the tools and removes itself afterwards.

tschüß
thomas