setting up Debian Squeeze with a Debian Lenny fai server

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Mon Jun 21 09:31:44 CEST 2010

[...]

> Client does boot now, but fails after
> Performing FAI installation
> on partitioning
>
> "Failed to obtain UUID for /dev/sda8
> This may happen if the device was part of a RAID array in the past;
> "
>
> I deleted th partition table, reboot, same error.

*If* this disk/device was really part of a RAID array before deleting the
partition table will not suffice. Instead, you need to run

mdadm --zero-superblock <device>

> Maybe the price for using (not so far from stable) 'testing' ? ;)

No, should not be the case, bleeding edge is our experimental packages :-) But,
well, if it is not RAID-related, could you please provide debug logs?

Thanks a lot,