setting up Debian Squeeze with a Debian Lenny fai server

Stefan Pampel spamtest-eir1beucei at asp4.polyformal.de
Mon Jun 21 09:22:05 CEST 2010

<spamtest-eir1beucei at asp4.polyformal.de> said:

>> I run fai-setup -vC /srv/nfs-root-squeeze and many errors came up,
>> like
>
>> chroot: cannot run 'apt-get' ..
> It's a broken package mirror. I guess it's already debootstrap (which
> is called by make-fai-nfsroot, which is called my fai-setup) which
> causes this error.

Ok, I started from scratch with an fresh updated mirror.

here some maybe relevant errors (logs grep'ed by error, missing) :

<log>
/var/log/fai/fai-setup.log:ERROR: No initrd installed.
/var/log/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.log:ERROR: No initrd installed.

/var/log/fai/fai-setup.log:insserv: warning: script 'rcS.distrib'
missing LSB tags and overrides
/var/log/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.log:insserv: warning: script 'rcS.distrib'
missing LSB tags and overrides
</log>

PXE boot fails because of missing initrd, so I chrooted to the squeeze
live system and created on with update-initrd ... and copied it inside
the /srv/tftp ... directory.

Client does boot now, but fails after
Performing FAI installation
on partitioning

"Failed to obtain UUID for /dev/sda8
This may happen if the device was part of a RAID array in the past;
"

I deleted th partition table, reboot, same error.

Maybe the price for using (not so far from stable) 'testing' ? ;)

best regards

Stefan

--
/ polyformal                /