Fwd: Creating squeeze nfsroot problem

Wim De Geeter wim.de-geeter at uni-graz.at
Tue Jun 8 15:38:42 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have a main server with squeeze installed.
Now I try to create a squeeze nfsroot, but when I run fai-setup i got
this error
/ERROR: No initrd installed./

the complete log file is/:
Account $LOGUSER=fai already exists.
Make sure that all install clients can
log into this account without a password.
/var/log/fai/.ssh/known_hosts remained unchanged.
/var/log/fai/.ssh/authorized_keys created.
User account fai set up.
Creating FAI nfsroot in /srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir.
By default it needs more than 380 MBytes disk space.
This may take a long time.
Creating base system using debootstrap version 1.0.23
Calling debootstrap squeeze /srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir
file:/data/debmirror-squeeze-i386/debian
Creating base.tgz
Upgrading /srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir
install_packages: reading config files from directory /etc/fai
Adding additional packages to /srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir:
nfs-common fai-nfsroot module-init-tools ssh rdate lshw portmap rsync
lftp less dump reiserfsprogs e2fsprogs usbutils hwinfo psmisc pciutils
hdparm smartmontools parted mdadm lvm2 dnsutils ntpdate dosfstools jove
xfsprogs xfsdump procinfo dialog discover console-tools console-common
iproute udev subversion liblinux-lvm-perl cfengine2 libapt-pkg-perl grub
lilo read-edid linux-image-486 aufs-modules-2.6-486
install_packages: reading config files from directory /etc/fai
Extracting templates from packages: 100%
install_packages exit code: 0
`/etc/fai/apt' -> `/srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir/etc/fai/apt'
`/etc/fai/apt/sources.list' ->
`/srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir/etc/fai/apt/sources.list'
`/etc/fai/fai.conf' ->
`/srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir/etc/fai/fai.conf'
`/etc/fai/live.conf' ->
`/srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir/etc/fai/live.conf'
`/etc/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.conf' ->
`/srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir/etc/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.conf'
`/etc/fai/menu.lst' ->
`/srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir/etc/fai/menu.lst'
`/etc/fai/NFSROOT' -> `/srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir/etc/fai/NFSROOT'
Shadow passwords are now on.
Removing `local diversion of /usr/sbin/update-initramfs to
/usr/sbin/update-initramfs.distrib'
`/srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-3-486' ->
`/srv/tftp/fai/vmlinuz-2.6.32-3-486'
cp: cannot stat
`/srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir/boot/initrd.img-*': No such file
or directory
DHCP environment prepared. If you want to use it, you have to enable the
dhcpd and the tftp-hpa daemon.
ERROR: No initrd installed.
Log file written to /var/log/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.log
Removing `local diversion of /sbin/discover-modprobe to
/sbin/discover-modprobe.distrib'
Log file written to /var/log/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.log
Re-exporting directories for NFS kernel daemon....
FAI setup finished.
Log file written to /var/log/fai/fai-setup.log

/
I have already a working lenny server with lenny clients booting
successfully

I just changed all lenny stuff into squeeze stuff

any one an idea??

many thanks
wim

-   Please consider the environment before printing this   -
-         email or its attachments. Many thanks...         -