Fwd: Failed to obtain UUID

Ahmad Khayyat akhayyat at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 00:06:56 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 5:24 PM, Manuel Hachtkemper
<hacman at math.uni-bonn.de> wrote:

>> Command mkfs.ext4 -L boot /dev/md0 had exit code 1
>> Executing: parted -s /dev/sdd set 2 raid on
>> Command parted -s /dev/sdd set 2 raid on had exit code 1
>> Executing: parted -s /dev/sdc set 2 raid on
>> Command parted -s /dev/sdc set 2 raid on had exit code 1
>> Executing: parted -s /dev/sdb set 2 raid on
>> Command parted -s /dev/sdb set 2 raid on had exit code 1
>> Executing: parted -s /dev/sda set 2 raid on
>> Command parted -s /dev/sda set 2 raid on had exit code 1

> I think you encounter following bug: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=583910
> Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

May be. But I was getting the same exit code (1) even when it was
working. It could be that I am getting the same exit code for an
entirely different reason now than before, but there is nothing in the
logs that indicates that there are failures now that did not used to
take place a few days ago - when everything was working despite the
exit code.

Also, the /boot volume (/dev/md0) is formatted using the same options
in disk_config, but does not seem to suffer the same UUID error (it
does have a UUID).