setup-storage without partitions

Mathieu Alorent malorent at echo.fr
Thu Jul 15 10:22:23 CEST 2010

Le mercredi 14 juillet 2010 à 18:28 +0200, Jordi Funollet a écrit :
> Is there some way to tell 'setup-storage' not to partition the disks?

I saw there is an option called 'virtual'

Your disk_config may look like this:

disk_config disk1 bootable:1
primary	/boot	<yoursize>	ext3	rw

disk_config disk2 virtual bootable:1
primary	/	<yoursize>	ext3	rw

disk_config disk3 virtual bootable:1
primary /home	<yoursize> 	ext3 rw

disk_config disk4 virtual bootable:1
primary swap	<yoursize> 	swap sw

But your fstab will look sothing like:
/dev/vda1   /boot       ext3  defaults            0 2
/dev/vdb1   /           ext3  errors=remount-ro   0 1
/dev/vdc1   /home       ext3  defaults            0 2
/dev/vdd1   none        swap  sw                  0 0

I have not yet tested this option, could you advise us when you have
feedback.

Regards
Mât