question on a java install script

Toomas Tamm tt-fai at kky.ttu.ee
Thu Dec 23 19:16:17 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 09:49:57AM -0800, David Dreezer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've written a small script that I have put into faiconfig/scripts/MYCLASS as 10-setup-java.  The script runs fine, with no errors. All indications in the logs are that it worked fine and that java and tomcat should be present, yet when I boot the client after FAI install there is no java or tomcat.  The license file is /etc/java as expected, but none of the packages have actually been installed.  Thinking that somehow I was installing on the nfsroot if possible, I tried adding $ROOTCMD before the apt-get with no success. That created errors complaining that that debconf couldn't find the license file. Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

Hello!

I did not find error in your script, but I faced installing java just
some days ago, with success.

My solution was to put the following into debconf/JAVA :

# Tell sun jre that we have already accepted the license.
sun-java6-jre shared/accepted-sun-dlj-v1-1 boolean true

and then list the java packages in a normal packages/JAVA file.

I must admit that I did not actually test this in an install, but in a
softupdate, where this worked as expected. I should also note that I
am installing lenny.

Toomas Tamm