setup-storage fails when preserving LVM volume

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Fri Dec 17 15:54:49 CET 2010

Hi Nicolas,

[...]
> Well well, I finally happen to have another problem with this new
> version, setup-storage prints the following sentence and then quits
> quickly:
>
> Executing: mdadm --examine --scan --verbose -c partitions
> Previous partitions overflow begin of preserved partition /dev/sda2
>
> I tried several values for the /local volume, but always get the
> same message. Here's the debug format.log, which happens to be
> pretty short.

[...]

There seems to be some problem with the size or position of your /boot
partition. It might be caused by a change in alignment, which may even have
introduced a bug!? Could you please change the size of /boot to 511, report back
and, if it works, also do yet another run and send the debug logs of both runs?

Thanks a lot,