Still puzzled by setup-storage

Nicolas Courtel courtel at cena.fr
Thu Apr 15 16:32:27 CEST 2010

> Is it by any means possible for me to get remote access to that system to do
> some more try&error? Otherwise I can just ask to to try to re-do the same steps
> setup-storage makes, manually. It's too strange.

I would be happy to give you a remote access but... can't reproduce the
problem today, although I did 2 days ago. Same hardware, same
setup-storage configuration, but quite a few packages have been updated,
including experimental FAI. I just found out that a similar error
message has also shown up during several successful installations, until
2 days ago, for example http://paste.debian.net/69022/

Today I've got twice the same result with preserve_lazy, where
setup-storage claims that it will preserve volumes, nevertheless removes
them, and then fails because it can't find them. But no kernel error.

http://paste.debian.net/69021/

--
Nicolas