Still puzzled by setup-storage

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Thu Apr 15 14:51:38 CEST 2010

[...]

> I had started lvm before running the commands, but it's not enough
> to reproduce the problem. I have also tried to run them after having
> stopped the installation, didn't work either.

If you manually re-run setup-storage, does that at least have the same problems
as before? It could be related to the perl Linux::LVM module, but that doesn't
to more than vgdisplay as well... Strange.

> I finally inserted the vgchange line in Commands.pm, it seems to
> have been run as expected, and the result is still an error that
> happens later.

[...]

Is it by any means possible for me to get remote access to that system to do
some more try&error? Otherwise I can just ask to to try to re-do the same steps
setup-storage makes, manually. It's too strange.

Best,