Still puzzled by setup-storage

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Fri Apr 16 20:33:17 CEST 2010

> >Is it by any means possible for me to get remote access to that system to do
> >some more try&error? Otherwise I can just ask to to try to re-do the same steps
> >setup-storage makes, manually. It's too strange.
> >

> I would be happy to give you a remote access but... can't reproduce
> the problem today, although I did 2 days ago. Same hardware, same
> setup-storage configuration, but quite a few packages have been
> updated, including experimental FAI. I just found out that a similar
> error message has also shown up during several successful
> installations, until 2 days ago, for example
> http://paste.debian.net/69022/

I have absolutely no idea why this had happened or what would have fixed it now.
Let's hope it doesn't come back on us...

> Today I've got twice the same result with preserve_lazy, where
> setup-storage claims that it will preserve volumes, nevertheless
> removes them, and then fails because it can't find them. But no
> kernel error.
>
> http://paste.debian.net/69021/

Ok, I had a strange "last;" to break out of the loop that works on logical
volumes to be preserved. This is fixed as of 3.4~beta1+experimental9. Could you
give that one another try?

Thanks a lot,