resizing an lvm volume with setup-storage

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Thu Apr 8 15:25:35 CEST 2010

> > Michael Tautschnig a écrit :
> > >I believe resizing of logical volumes with ext2/ext3 should work as of
> > >3.3.5+experimental1; for the moment, resize2fs will *not* be used on normal
> > >partitions as I'd need to take huge pains to make that work reliably, because
> > >resizing of the underlying partition cannot be done using parted *without*
> > >resizing the filesystem as well. Adding support for this is scheduled for some
> > >later release of parted (see first Q in resizing section of
> > >http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/faq.shtml).
> > >

> > I'm afraid it doesn't, fai fails in task partition. fai.log is at
> > http://paste.debian.net/68000/.
> >

> I'll look into it...

In this case, the problem is somewhat unrelated: The partitions don't seem to
fit on disk in this way. That is, there isn't sufficient space for 512 * 1024 *
1024 bytes before sda2.

Was that layout created using setup-storage? Probably yes. What I do suspect is
some rounding issue, and, well this is the culprit: The partition has been
created such as to end at a cylinder boundary, which is considered for the final
disk layout, but not for intermediate checks.

I'll try to fix this ASAP.

Best,