resizing an lvm volume with setup-storage

Nicolas Courtel courtel at cena.fr
Thu Apr 8 15:05:39 CEST 2010

Michael Tautschnig a écrit :
> I believe resizing of logical volumes with ext2/ext3 should work as of
> 3.3.5+experimental1; for the moment, resize2fs will *not* be used on normal
> partitions as I'd need to take huge pains to make that work reliably, because
> resizing of the underlying partition cannot be done using parted *without*
> resizing the filesystem as well. Adding support for this is scheduled for some
> later release of parted (see first Q in resizing section of
> http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/faq.shtml).

I'm afraid it doesn't, fai fails in task partition. fai.log is at
http://paste.debian.net/68000/.

I don't understand the difference you make here between "the underlying
partition"  and the "filesystem" : AFAIK we only need to resize the LVM
volume, which has nothing to do with parted, and the filesystem. The
volume group does not need to be resized. I surely missed something...

--
Nicolas