Read-only filesystem after moving to new server

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Tue Oct 13 10:29:27 CEST 2009

    > One more question: Since when, and why, is FAI looking for the config
    > files in $NFSROOT/var/lib/fai/config ? I had to copy my config over to
    > that dir to get the FAI install working again, simply leaving the config
    > in /srv/fai/config  resulted in a "cant find config" error...

Maybe you have upgraded from a very old FAI version to a new
one. Since 3.0 FAI_LOCATION is replaced by FAI_CONFIG_SRC. Check if
you have set the later in your fai.conf.

>From fai.conf:

# how to access the fai config space
# If undefined here, make-fai-nfsroot/fai-setup will use default value
# nfs://<install server>/$FAI_CONFIGDIR
# supported URL-types: nfs, file, cvs, cvs+ssh, svn+file, svn+http,
# git, git+http, hg+http
#FAI_CONFIG_SRC=nfs://yourservername/path/to/config/space

So, make-fai-nfsroot should have set it to nfs://yourservername/srv/fai/config in
$NFSROOT/etc/fai.conf if you didn't defined it in /etc/fai/fai.conf.