Read-only filesystem after moving to new server

Leen Smit leen at service2media.com
Tue Oct 13 10:22:06 CEST 2009

Hey All,

Thanks ever so much for the pointers. Indeed the missing bnx2 driver was
the problem.. On the old system we had a custom kernel with the driver
build in. Im still not sure as to why I couldn't boot with this kernel
anymore (the missing initrd..) but adding the firmware-bnx2 to
/etc/fai/NFSROOT and creating a NFSROOT was sufficient to get everything
working again.. Rather silly of me I didnt think of that (I was trying
to recreate a custom kernel without success).

One more question: Since when, and why, is FAI looking for the config
files in $NFSROOT/var/lib/fai/config ? I had to copy my config over to
that dir to get the FAI install working again, simply leaving the config
in /srv/fai/config  resulted in a "cant find config" error...

Again, thanks for all your help!

Leen

--

Leen Smit
 Systems Admin

 Service2Media B.V.
 Arnhemseweg 2
 3817 CH Amersfoort

 Capitool 41
 7521 PL Enschede

 Tel  +31 (0)35 626 46 12
Fax +31 (0)35 626 46 13
Service2media: Empowering live on the move"