System stalls (for 15-30 minutes) during savelog

Carsten Aulbert carsten at welcomes-you.com
Fri May 8 10:21:19 CEST 2009

Hi again

Carsten Aulbert schrieb:
> Piyty that, I wish you could remember.

A collegue suggested it might be related to SMP. When booting with
noapic and nosmp this error does not show itself again.

> I'll try it on another box as well.

I've seen that now on all systems with the same hardware. noapic, nosmp
does not change this behavior. Open to suggestions what to try.

> PS: Is there an easy way to enable an accessible terminal on tty2 and 3?
> I've tried editing /etc/inittab in the live image, but that did not do
> the trick. I'm currently looking into the main fai cfengine script in
> there....

Still open question, I've not yet succeeded on this one.

Cheers

Carsten