FAI Issues

Augustine Ike augustineike at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 07:32:15 CEST 2009

Good Morning,
                       I am trying to build an FAI server to automate
and script the installation of debian systems. I have setup my DHCP
server, DNS server, PXE server and FAI server. I can get the client to
talk yo my DHCP server and PXE works well. I think I have a disconnect
on where PXE should be and the internal workings of the FAI system.
I setup PXE in my DHCP server and it works fine. The documentation in
http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/ makes a few assumptions on PXE
and not all details for creating the mirrors are there.
I'll continue to read and try this but any help will help speed things
up. Thanks in advance.

Ike