FAI Issues

Henning Sprang henning at sprang.de
Tue Jun 30 12:56:39 CEST 2009

Hi Augustine,

Augustine Ike wrote:
> I think I have a disconnect
> on where PXE should be and the internal workings of the FAI system.

I really don't understand what you mean with this. Could you please
elaborate and tell us more exactly what you try, and what exactly
happens when things start to be different than what you expect?

And, which version of FAI are you using?

> I setup PXE in my DHCP server and it works fine. The documentation in
> http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/ makes a few assumptions on PXE
> and not all details for creating the mirrors are there.

What exactlky are you missing - what kind of information do you need how
far do you come?

Also, you can make your first steps without a mirror - but it's
recommended to have one when you start developing classes and are trying
multiple installs again and again in that process.

Mirrors and PXE are basically totally independent of each other.

Henning

--
Henning Sprang
http://www.sprang.de