Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty FAI howto

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Mon Jun 29 10:52:42 CEST 2009

Hi Robert,

thx for your documentation on how to setup FAI on an Ubuntu Server
Host :)

Well done...

I have one fix for your documentation:

in hooks/updatebase.OS_UBUNTU_904_X32 you write something like this:

# Import FAI repository keys
echo "Importing FAI repository keys"
apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com AB9B66FD

Most likely that this won't work in a production environment because
normally during setup you don't have internet connection (at least at
our place here, and in most Datacenters I was using FAI).

Normally you should prepare your own Package archives locally (not
using apt-proxy but some debmirror magic) so you can mirror the fai
koeln packages from uni-koeln.de

Btw...would you like to work with us on FAI in Ubuntu?

We need to adjust some values in MrFai packages for Ubuntu to not
change that much on the first installation.

Regards,

\sh

--
| Stephan '\sh' Hermann    | OSS Dev / SysAdmin         |
| JID: sh at linux-server.org | http://www.sourcecode.de/  |