FAI ignores base.tgz in <configspace>/basefiles

Jens Classen jclassen at iehk.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jun 15 12:57:00 CEST 2009

Hello!

According to the article in the FAI wiki on Multi-Distribution
deployment (http://faiwiki.informatik.uni-koeln.de/index.php/FAI_multi-distribution
) I created an archive to install Ubuntu Jaunty. I placed the file as
UBUNTU.tgz into my <configspace>/basefiles directory, and created a
class with the same name to install the archive. Starting the install
seems to ignore this archive though, as FAI commences the installation
from the archive in NFSROOT. It takes notice of the archie though, as
renaming the archive to UBUNTU.tar.gz brings up an error message, that
only tgz-files are supported.

Do you have ideas where the error can be? Thanks for your input in
advance.

Bestb regards,

Jens