need Debian default password

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Mon Jun 15 20:56:56 CEST 2009

hiya

> Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 demohost tty1
> demohost Login:
>
> I tried many combination of user name  and password but could not do login
>
> what is the default username and password ?

Maybe you should have tried reading the documentation instead. Especially
how to configure the base installation. Or ask the one who did this for
you.

The responsible package is fai-server, which installs a config file name
"/etc/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.conf"

================================
# the encrypted (with md5 or crypt) root password on all install clients
during
# installation process; used when log in via ssh; default pw is: fai
FAI_ROOTPW='$1$kBnWcO.E$djxB128U7dMkrltJHPf6d1'
================================

If you sense a small, light, unpleasant subnote from this mail, then I'm
afraid you are right. Sorry about that, but I get the feeling both of you
(Rajesh pant and you) don't invest at least a little bit of time in
looking and prodding around by yourself. Instead I get the impression both
of you you just ask the list whenever you are stuck at some point.

This may be a false impression on my part and if it is, then please accept
my apology. But it's the impression I get by reading your questions. I
just can give my kudos to all the members who try to stay calm and
diligently answer your questions.

[I will cease the hostilities now. If I see no change I'll just quietly
ignore both of you in the future. If you want to answer on this drivel,
then please write directly to me. If you think I'm a bad bad boy, then
please just ignore me. No-need for a flamewar.

If Michael, Henning or Thomas think I'm acting way out of line - please
unsubscribe me for the sake of all others.

Let's keep the list clean and nicely on-topic!

Thanks for your cooperation.]