FAI ignores base.tgz in <configspace>/basefiles

Henning Sprang henning at sprang.de
Mon Jun 15 13:20:09 CEST 2009

Hi Jens,

Jens Classen wrote:
> It takes notice of the archie though, as
> renaming the archive to UBUNTU.tar.gz brings up an error message, that
> only tgz-files are supported.

Strange. Until recently, it was the exact contrary - only tar.gz was
supported.

( @Thomas: Changing it that way is not a good idea in my opinion,
because it breaks compatibility with existing setups, and it would be
simply nice and convenient for users to accept .tar.gz _and_ .tgz. )

> Do you have ideas where the error can be? Thanks for your input in advance.

I assume you made sure your install client is assigned to the class
UBUNTU and there's no typo?

I didn't have time to check recent versions, the change I noticed above
must be quite new - and probably an error was introduced with the
change. FAI doesn't have any automated regression testing in place (yet).

Which version of FAI are you using?
Does the problem happen with the default version on lenny, too?
(here, I'm pretty sure, the package name must be .tar.gz - but you wont
get a wrning when doing it wrong!)

Henning

--
Henning Sprang