Ubuntu FAI behind ftp_proxy (squid)

mettler at gmit-gmbh.de mettler at gmit-gmbh.de
Tue Jul 7 12:35:58 CEST 2009

hi,
Thanks alot Carsten,
We are serving some commercial software via password protected ftp and
can't give it away  - so there are several "policies" involved ;)

Thoughts about mirroring them via http are emerging ;)
But that will take some time.

The questions is:
When I use /etc/environment or /etc/bash.bashrc to export
environment-variables INSIDE the chroot they are not always respected when
using $ROOTCMD or using install_packages.

What would be the right place to put these?
How to set up an environment variable that will be used by install_packages?

Or how to modify the install_packages' $root_cmd without editing the
script itself? if there is no other way.

Regards!
Stephan