Ubuntu FAI behind ftp_proxy (squid)

Carsten Aulbert carsten.aulbert at aei.mpg.de
Tue Jul 7 12:00:19 CEST 2009

Hi

mettler at gmit-gmbh.de wrote:
> That would have been a good workaround for the Ubuntu packages.
>
> But we are providing our own software via FTP-Servers.
> So i needed to set up both: ftp_proxy and http_proxy

I tend to think to stand up an http server for those should be easy, but
then I don't know if you administer these servers yourself.

What I would do is to mirror those packages into a private repo whcih
you can thn access directly via ftp or http if possible. But then I
don't know what kind of policies are other problems might stop you from
doing that.

HTH

Carsten