Fai as a Rocks substitute?

Adrian Gibanel Lopez agibanel at alumnes.udl.cat
Fri Jan 23 21:48:13 CET 2009

In my university they have been working with Rocks OS for some years.
I have shown how FAI works and the class concept powerfullness and he has
told me that this was Rocks 2!.

'If we add to the repository and to the default packages to install:
ganglia,... we get a Rocks equivalent'.

I am not very about his reasoning but he might be right.
So my question is if someone has already tried to migrate from Rocks to
FAI as a substitution? Any howto available? Advantages, Drawbacks? Any
advice?

My teacher complains about Rocks having an old kernel among other things ;).

--
Firma Automática 1: