Kernel panics on new hardware after adding drivers...

leen smit leen at service2media.com
Mon Dec 7 11:12:20 CET 2009

Hello all,

I got an issue that I can't seem to solve.
At the moment I have a working FAI env. for our HP blades. These use the
firmware-bnx2. However,  we now got newer blades, which need the
firmware-bnx2x.
So, I added this to the package list in the NFSROOT file, re-ran
fai-setup, copied the kernel from the nfsroot to the tftpdir and
adjusted the pxeboot file to reflect this.
How ever, I cant boot of this kernel, I keep ending up with kernel
panics, after "Running script/live-premount"
So as far as I can tell, its already mounted the nfsroot, and crashes
for another reason.

I've tried  to use the kernel from a manually installed system for FAI,
with the same result..

What am I overlooking? Any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance,

Leen