Launch of new FAI project website

Peter Bittner peter.bittner at thalesgroup.com
Wed Dec 9 10:14:15 CET 2009

Hi,

very good. It is much easier and faster now understanding what is on the
site.

Here is a very small feature enhancement:

* "Search site" does not do anything when a user clicks on it. This may
be confusing some users. With the following changes the focus is put on
the search input field when the item is clicked. A tool-tip text gives
additional hints.

- 	 <FORM METHOD="get" ACTION="http://google.uni-koeln.de/search">

+ <li><a onclick="document.forms['searchform'].elements['q'].focus();"
+ 	 title="Please use the text box below to search">Site search</a>
+ 	 <FORM NAME="searchform" METHOD="get"
+ 	 ACTION="http://google.uni-koeln.de/search">

* You may also consider running the site through the W3-Validator to
find some HTML syntax flaws (e.g. the LI tag is not always closed, lower
tags must be used when "XHTML Strict" is the document type, etc.).

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%
2Fwww.informatik.uni-koeln.de%2Ffai%2Fsources%2F

Cheers, Peter