INTERNAL ERROR in setup-storage: convert_unit

Mathieu Alorent malorent at echo.fr
Thu Aug 27 15:53:22 CEST 2009

Le jeudi 27 août 2009 à 15:05 +0200, Henning Sprang a écrit :
> Mathieu Alorent wrote:
> > I've found that the use of Ubuntu Hardy NfsRoot
>
> You're usinf fai (latest version) on an UBuntu server?
>
> >works whereas Debian
> > Lenny Not.
> >
> > Here is a difference I've seen from both systems:
> >
> > DEBIAN: KO
> >   VG Size               34.16 GB
> >   PE Size               4.00 MB
> > UBUNTU: OK
> >   VG Size               34,16 GB
> >   PE Size               4,00 MB
> >
> > is this a bug in liblinux-lvm-perl that don't understand numbers with
> > dots...?
>
> I don't understand a lot about the new partitioning tool yet - but yes,
> it's possible that dots vs. comma makes the difference.
>
> I could imagine, that two different programs(e.g. setup storage code and
> lvm tools) run with different locales, which might lead to different
> decimal separators being output/expected, and therefore not match
> between tools .
>
> Henning

After inquiring, dots vs. comma, shouldn't be the problem...

The problem disappear if I copy /usr/share/perl5/Linux/LVM.pm from
ubuntu to lenny (use liblinux-lvm-perl_0.13 instead of 0.14)

Something interesting is :
from vgdisplay:
    Alloc PE / Size       0 / 0

and the associated regexp in LVM.pm:
m/^Alloc PE \/ Size\s+(\S+) \/ (\S+) (\S+)/

which doesn't match!

With lib 0.13 the is no complain about empty
"$vghash{$vgn}->{alloc_pe_size}" but it's not the case with lib 0.14.

I didn't found what's make the difference...
--
Mathieu Alorent
Shell&Core Sophia-Antipolis

Tél: 04 97 12 6226

malorent.ext at orange-ftgroup.com

La signature de ce mail peut être vérifiée en installant les autorités de certifications CAcert suivantes :
http://www.cacert.org/certs/root.crt
http://www.cacert.org/certs/class3.crt