lenny/amd64 and lvm on raid: no joy [SOLVED]

Toni Mueller support-fai at oeko.net
Mon Aug 10 11:37:40 CEST 2009

Hello,

the problem had in fact nothing to do with FAI, but with my limited
understanding of how the MODULESLIST variable was supposed to be used.
It turned out that, contrary to my assumption, the processing of the
variable in scripts/FAIBASE/10-misc was happening much too late for the
installation process to enable using these modules *during* the
install.

Now I have this in my class/DEFAULT.var:

USE_SETUP_STORAGE=1

MODULESLIST="raid1 dm-mod usbkbd ehci-hcd ohci-hcd uhci-hcd usbhid ${MODULESLIST}"

for i in ${MODULESLIST} ; do
        modprobe $i
done

and the disk setup basically works (but please see the other message).

Kind regards,
--Toni++