config questions

Bjorn Meyer bjorn.m.meyer at gmail.com
Sun May 25 02:02:36 CEST 2008

I am trying to create a /boot partition of about 100MB. However when the
system reboots, I get GRUB filling the screen and does nothing more. The
following is what I am currently trying.

disk_config disk1
primary     /boot     100     defaults     ;boot -j ext3
primary     /         1024    defaults     ;-c -j ext3
#logical     /         1024    defaults     ;-c -j ext3
logical     swap      500

I have also tried using logical for / but get the same results. Is there a
minimum size that has to be entered for this to work correctly? I have
noticed that I get pretty much the same thing if I set / to 500MB. If I go
to 750MB or more, things seem to be better off.

I have also noticed that once a successful install is done, root can log in
with out a password even though I have specified an MD5 value in the ROOTPW
variable. Not sure why that is.

Thanks in advance.
Bjorn