setup_harddisks

Rudy Gevaert Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be
Tue Mar 25 17:11:34 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm having some trouble adjusting setup_harddisks to do what I want.

I want to partition a hard disk with 56 tracks and 256 heads and that
each partition starts on a cylinder that is a multiple of 8.

I have found that I can the sfdisk variable in my class.var to get the
track and head info correct.

But to let each partition start on a cylinder that is multiple is giving
  some hard time.

%MPSize() and %MPStart = () see to be the two hashes that I need to fix.
  However, they are used so many times for further calculations that it
is difficult to see which part has an effect on what other part.

Anybody in the house that give some advice?

Thanks in advance,

Rudy