FAI 3.2.4 and fai-cd

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Wed Mar 12 22:46:51 CET 2008

[...]
> At this point it boots to an '(initramfs)' prompt without the long timeout.
>
> /live.log says (something like):
> mount: Mounting root filesystem on /root failed: No such device
>
> /root has nothing in it or mounted on it.
> /live/image/live/filesystem.dir/ has what I expect as the 'root' filesystem
> (with etc bin lib var dev ... and so forth).
>
> Any suggestions?

Did you add the boot=live option to your kernel command line? Did you remove the
/dev/ram0 thingy? Anyway, it might be helpful to post (the relevant part of)
your menu.lst.

If the command line is correct already, the unionfs modules are likely to be
missing in your initrd. Could that be the case?

Best,