FAI 3.2.4 and fai-cd

Russel Hill rhill at key.net
Wed Mar 12 22:39:44 CET 2008

Russel Hill wrote:

> Henning Sprang wrote:
>> On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 11:46 -0700, Russel Hill wrote:
>>> I know ... I'm replying to my own message. Since trying our build,
>>> we've downloaded and booted the fai-cd example. It's organized in
>>> exactly the same manner (and works). I guess I should probably read
>>> up a bit ...
>>>
>>> One thing, our CD doesn't report any unionfs messages when mounting
>>> the root filesystem. The fai-cd does ...
>>
>> Which Kernel are you using?
>>
>> Did you rebuild the nfsroot so that the new "strange" structure is built
>> up there, too?
>
 > kernel: linux-image-2.6.22-3-686
 >
 > Yes, the nfsroot is rebuilt. Our build script does that automatically.
 >
 > I think I've found the problem. The boot options in /etc/fai/menu.lst
 > changed and I didn't update our version with the changes.

At this point it boots to an '(initramfs)' prompt without the long timeout.

/live.log says (something like):
mount: Mounting root filesystem on /root failed: No such device

/root has nothing in it or mounted on it.
/live/image/live/filesystem.dir/ has what I expect as the 'root'
filesystem (with etc bin lib var dev ... and so forth).

Any suggestions?

Thanks...