executing custom bash script

venne rvenne at free.fr
Wed Jul 16 16:09:56 CEST 2008

Thomas Neumann a écrit :
> hiya
>
> (Background information: I'm using FAI to install servers. I don't know
> how I would base my decision if these were client systems or cluster
> nodes. I do not want to state an ultimate truth, just what is the most
> useful for our environment. )
>

> venne schrieb:
>> But, installing more than a 1000 clients with, custome datas, setings
>> and PKI informations, needs some interactive actions...
>
> Especially when installing a lot of clients I want everything with as
> little interaction as possible. That's why we put the client identities
> into a database. (I'm using that term losely here. It doesn't matter if
> it's a MySQL, a CSV or a flat file.)
yeah, that's right. I'd like just give ... an ID, a name or an IP at
some moment durint FAI process. Ldap would make reste of the work, with
some ugly bash script. I've to resotre some sql base dump, and so on.
that's the reason why,

I've to give something to identify my client. but, how and where?

> Maybe if you can guarantee that every client is installed only once then
> that may be overkill.
All client desktops are remote. FAI would restore some of those, which
is hardly crashed. Then, the machine (always the same) is posted.
  But then again it still may be worth it just to
> exclude human error. (Boss breathing down your neck? "I need these twenty
> boxes NOW!")

or I need those 500 boxes, tomorrow !

> tschüß
> thomas