executing custom bash script

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Wed Jul 16 15:51:51 CEST 2008

hiya

(Background information: I'm using FAI to install servers. I don't know
how I would base my decision if these were client systems or cluster
nodes. I do not want to state an ultimate truth, just what is the most
useful for our environment. )

venne schrieb:
> But, installing more than a 1000 clients with, custome datas, setings
> and PKI informations, needs some interactive actions...

Especially when installing a lot of clients I want everything with as
little interaction as possible. That's why we put the client identities
into a database. (I'm using that term losely here. It doesn't matter if
it's a MySQL, a CSV or a flat file.)

Maybe if you can guarantee that every client is installed only once then
that may be overkill. But then again it still may be worth it just to
exclude human error. (Boss breathing down your neck? "I need these twenty
boxes NOW!")

tschüß
thomas