How to install a non-default kernel?

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Fri Oct 26 18:51:55 CEST 2007

    > it did. I though that FAI would compile a list of packages to install
    > from all classes, i.e. whatever packages the next class wants will be
    > added and packages which have a - after them will be taken off the list
    > again.
Yes, FAI creates a list of all packages for an action (eg. aptitude or
install=apt-get) and then just call aptitude woth this long ist. Is
does not remove package ending with - from that list. aptitude will
handle that by itself. HAve a look at software.log and you will see
the long lists.

    > But it seems that aptitude / install is called for every class separately.
No. That's wrong.