dpkg-divert: cannot open diversions: No such file or directory

Torsten Schlabach tschlabach at gmx.net
Sun Oct 28 01:24:10 CEST 2007

Dear list!

I knew I had this problem when I created my first FAI server.
Unfortunately, I forgot what I did to fix it.

So this is FAI 3.1.8 on Etch on AMD64. I have installed fai-quickstart
and tried to run fai-setup. The make-fai-nfsroot fails with:

Creating FAI nfsroot in /srv/fai/nfsroot.
By default it needs more than 250 MBytes disk space.
This may take a long time.
Creating base system using debootstrap version 0.3.3.2etch1
Calling debootstrap etch /srv/fai/nfsroot http://ftp.debian.org/debian
Aborting
dpkg-divert: cannot open diversions: No such file or directory

Yes, I am using the official Debian mirror and I did not change anything
from the default configuration.

Regards,
Torsten