FAI 3.18 and Debian lenny

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Jun 26 16:25:08 CEST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "nkgautz" <nkgautz at mopipi.ub.bw>
To: <linux-fai at uni-koeln.de>
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 8:21 AM
Subject: FAI 3.18 and Debian lenny

>I have been trying to run 'fai-setup'  and so far it fails with the error
>message:
>    fai-nfsroot: Depends fai-client but it is not going to be installed.

I believe the "is not going to be installed" message  means apt is confused
by mixed up versions. I've seen this message before when I installed a
package from testing that had dependencies and then installed another
package from stable that depended on the same packages.  I'm just
speculating here but I suspect that what it's telling you is that the
fai-client package from testing is already installed and now it wants to
install the stable version to satisfy a dependency for fai-nfsroot.