Overloaded server

Fri Jun 22 17:54:31 CEST 2007

    > Spread over about 20 minutes, in batches of about 100. :-)
I would make a pause of 5-10 seconds between startup of two nodes.

    > don't know. standard apache (2?) of Sarge.
There are different method of starting new theards/clients. Maybe use
this

apache2-mpm-worker - High speed threaded model for Apache HTTPD 2.1

    > So why does chboot precede savelog? Any reasonable reason?
Because chboot may also generate error messages. But you can call
fai-savelog -r in a hook.