[Fwd: Re: Overloaded server]

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Sat Jun 23 11:39:47 CEST 2007

Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > Spread over about 20 minutes, in batches of about 100. :-)
> I would make a pause of 5-10 seconds between startup of two nodes.
>
>     > don't know. standard apache (2?) of Sarge.
> There are different method of starting new theards/clients. Maybe use
> this
>
> apache2-mpm-worker - High speed threaded model for Apache HTTPD 2.1

Maybe this alone might help.
Maybe he'll need to look deeper into the apache config. There are many
performance optimizations possible, and the default apache configs are
most probably not tuned for high performance. There are also some
example configs for high performance stuff. But I am not an apache
expert, and the apache user list might have better ideas than we have here.
Still, Steffen, if you manage to find some hints about that, we could
add these in the wiki, or put an example of a high perf apache config
for FAI into the docs example config section.

Henning