Overloaded server

Fri Jun 22 17:08:14 CEST 2007

    > yesterday I tried to FAI setup about 600 nodes using one file/webserver.
Wow. Did you start them all at once? Or with some time (how long)
between each poweron? I would have expected more problems with TFTP.

    > was no problem, I got lots of http download errors (resulting in that
    > famous Broken package, and error 25600 messages).
Maybe the webswerver only allows a certain amount of connections at a
time? How was the CPU load?

    > Is there a way to allow more tolerance (longer timeouts) to the apt
    > operations?
I don't know.

    > At the moment I try to catch this situation in a chboot hook,
I don't understand that.

    > but that
    > would deprive me of the correctly downloaded error messages... how much
    > effort would it be to run the savelog task before the chboot task? (and
    > has there be a reason for the current order?)
Just log into a machine and read /tmp/fai/*.log