Overloaded server

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Fri Jun 22 16:42:40 CEST 2007

Hi,

yesterday I tried to FAI setup about 600 nodes using one file/webserver.
While mounting the nfsroot took its time for some of the nodes, and there
was no problem, I got lots of http download errors (resulting in that
famous Broken package, and error 25600 messages).
Is there a way to allow more tolerance (longer timeouts) to the apt
operations?
At the moment I try to catch this situation in a chboot hook, but that
would deprive me of the correctly downloaded error messages... how much
effort would it be to run the savelog task before the chboot task? (and
has there be a reason for the current order?)

Cheers,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald * MPI Grav.Phys.(AEI) * Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476 Potsdam
Cluster Admin * http://pandora.aei.mpg.de/merlin/ * http://www.aei.mpg.de/