Ubuntu local loopback device missing [SOLVED]

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Sat Jun 23 10:30:40 CEST 2007

Jens Dreger wrote:
>> No ubuntu at all, or just really not with FAI?
>> If the latter, why not?
>
> No Ubuntu at all. Had some weired problems with our servers (/etc/mtab
> noch correctly written, boot problems...).

Slightly OT but:
Yep. Ubuntu is a very good desktop distribution and brings a lot of new
users that need simplicity and user-friendlyness to linux. But you won't
see any server I am responsible for running Ubuntu anytime soon.

I do the FAI for Ubuntu stuff for Desktops/Laptops and nothing else.
Hening