USB keyboard with ubuntu fai

Wed Jan 17 09:57:25 CET 2007

    > I've never been able to use USB
    > keyboards during an FAI installation.

    > USB keyboards don't work.  I'm running fai-server version 2.10.5 with
    > 2.6.15.6-ubuntu1-fai-kernels_1_i386 for running install kernel.  My

    > Any ideas?
Yes.

Maybe your hardware needs a different kernel module, than those which
are already loaded. You can add the kernel module to the script
class/20hwdetect.source. This is some detail of this script.

kernelmodules="rtc floppy usbkbd ide-disk ide-cd"
case $(uname -r) in
    2.4*) kernelmodules="$kernelmodules keybdev mousedev hid ide-detect isa-pnp" ;;
    2.6*) kernelmodules="$kernelmodules ehci-hcd ohci-hcd uhci-hcd usbhid usbmouse ide-generic mptspi ata_piix" ;;

esac